The lock screen can be clicked/dragged to make it disappear. But, what if you want to disable it in Windows 10? There are ways to do it, let us learn how to do it
Disabling lock screen in Windows 10
- Open – Windows 10 registry editor; you can do it by typing -“Regedit” in the search bar. Click on the result displayed
- You will be prompted saying whether you wish to allow the application to make the changes to the device, you need to select – Yes
- Double click on – HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE from the menu on the left-hand
- Double click – Software
- Double click – Policies
- Double click – Microsoft
- Right-click – Windows
- Using the drop-down menu, choose – New and then select – Key
- Name it as – Personalization
- Select the key you have created just now. Now, right-click on the right-hand side window and choose – New and now select –DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Rename – “New Value #1” DWORD created by you just now as – NoLockScreen.
- Regedit should be able to select the entry’s name for modification automatically and if it cannot then right-click it and select- Rename
- Double click – NoLockScreen.
- In the field – Value data, type- 1
- Disabling Lock Screen in Windows 10 Pro
- Hunt for “Gpedit” in Windows 10 search bar and then choose the result displayed
- Check the left-hand menu in Local Group Policy Editor window and double click on – Administrative Templates
- Double click on – Control Panel
- Select – Personalization
- Double click on – “Do not display the lock screen” located on the right-hand windowpane.
- From top left select – Enabled and then select – Apply and select – OK
- Now to check if your lock screen has been disabled successfully, press – Windows key+L.
- If you are diverted to login screen instead of the lock screen, then you have done it.
How to Fix Error Code 0xc000000f
Get Help with WordPad in Windows 10
How do I Sync my Settings in Windows 10?
How to Enable Windows Hello in Windows 10
How to Fix Cortana not Working Issue in Windows 10
How to Fix Error Code 0xc004f074
How to Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10
How to Fix 404 Not Found Error
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070570
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070643