Sudoku is amongst the famous puzzle games played even today. Sudoku is a logical brain game, and playing it regularly can enhance your concentration and brain efficiency.
- This is an attractive Japanese game that is based on positioning the numbers logically. For this, you don’t need to do any calculation or be a mathematician. All you need is concentration and logical skills.
- Sudoku started in the 18th century and was named as “Latin Squares,” which was discovered by Swiss mathematician. Though Howard Garns found the modern Sudoku we play today from the USA in the year 1979.
- The objective of Sudoku is to fill a 9×9 grid with numbers. It should be filled in a way that every row, column, and 3×3 area has numbers in the range of 1 to 9.
- When you start the game, you will find that some squares of 9×9 grid are already filled in. Now you have to think logically to fill in the digits missing to complete the network. Remember, your move can be incorrect if
- A specific row has more than one similar number from the range of 1 to 9
- A particular column has more than one same amount from the range of 1 to 9
- Any 3×3 grid has more than one similar amount from the range of 1 to 9
Tips for playing the game
- It is a fun game once you get used to it. On the other hand, for beginners, it can be a little daunting to learn the game. In case you have started learning the game, you can follow some tips to enhance your game
- Search for rows and columns with 3×3 areas having five or more numbers. Try to work on the rest of the empty cells. Try the numbers not being used.
- Try to break the grid upwards into 3X3 that is three columns and three rows. You will find every large column to have three 3×3 networks. Also, every row will contain three 3×3 systems. Here you will have to search for grids/columns having 2 of a similar number.
- Ideally, it should have a 3rd copy of a same amount in the rest of the 9-cell area. Now, you need to search for each of the nine positions remaining and check if you can discover where the missing number is located.