Shut the box is also called as Canoga. Let us understand how the game is played?
The game can be played alone or with your friends. The game becomes even more exciting when played in a group of 2/4 people. The spaces are open when the box begins.
Players roll to know which player would go first. The one who gets the highest number on the dice is asked to start the game. Turn by turn, every player rolls and fills the numbered spaces.
When each of the players takes the turn or when the player extends over each space available on the box.
Rules of the game
- When the game starts, each numbered area needs to be unmasked. In case you are playing in a group, each player needs to roll the dice to decide who is going to start the game first. The player with a higher number on rolling the dice gets the chance to start the game.
- Every player rolls the dice. Then the player sums up the dots on the dice (facing up). Now, the player can select any of the combinations that create the number displayed by the dice and extends the number spaces.
- HYPERLINK “https://pixabay.com/en/dice-luck-hand-chance-gamble-risk-1209417/” INCLUDE PICTURE “https://pixabay.com/en/dice-luck-hand-chance-gamble-risk-1209417/” \* MERGEFORMATINET
- Each person gets the turn, and the player with the least score is the winner.
Make sure that you plan the right strategy for the game much before you start the game. You can follow the below-mentioned strategies.
- Pick spaces randomly
- Extend less number of spaces
- Extend most spaces
Here are tips to win the game?
- Try and go first. This would be helpful as you can extend the box entirely before other players get the turn.
- Be ready with a pre-planned strategy, and do not change your policy in the game.
- Cover huge numbers first so that you get lower score when the game ends.
- Make sure you cover each space, which will increase your winning chances.