- If you are using Microsoft Edge, you can change the search engine (default search engine is Bing). You can change the default search engine to any search engine you like.
- Bing is the default search engine for both classic and new chromium version of Microsoft Edge.
- Some people like using Bing search engine it whereas others prefer Google. Some people also prefer other search engines to search for relevant data.
Whether you want to stick to the default search engine on Microsoft Edge or change it to another search engine is your personal choice. For those who wish to change the default search engine to a different one, this article would help you know the steps.
- Open – Web browser.
- Go to – Home page of that particular search engine of your preference.
- Click on the icon – menu, which is located at the top right corner on your Microsoft Edge browser.
- Choose- Settings .
- Next, scroll down & then select the option- Advanced Settings.
- Now, scroll down & click on drop-down box under – “Search in the address bar with”.
Choose- – < add=”” new=””>.
Select preferred search engine to be used through the list given and then select the option you wish to go with mentioned as below
- Add as default
You will find five search engines listed on Microsoft edge, and one of them is YouTube. You can change the search engine to DuckDuckGo, Google, or Yahoo. Well, it may not have enough lists of search engines, but if the search engine you are looking for is on the list, then it is enough for you.
Next time while using the Microsoft Edge browser and searching something on Google shows up results in Bing, you have the option to change the search engine as default.