Klondike game belongs to the Solitaire card games group. With time the game was assigned the name as just Solitaire. It is one of the exciting card games which are around for many years.
About Klondike Solitaire
Talking about the origin of Klondike Solitaire, the records do not have any clear picture, but it is said that it started in the USA and Canada in the 19th century. The old histories state that the term Solitaire originated in 1746.
The modern Klondike Solitaire card game was started in the 18th century in Europe.
Klondike Solitaire Gameplay
- Pile up the cards in a sequence from Ace to King in order by suit over the foundation piles. Every foundation possesses an individual outfit.
- You can shift multiple cards at one go, provided the entire group you plan to move is in descending order and rotating color.
- You can only place the Kings and group in logical order having a king on the top on empty columns.
- Cards can be placed 1/ 3 at one time (reserve to waste). The top card can be played on the waste or towards foundations. You can rotate from waste & reserve continuously till your moves are over.
- Make sure you shift an Ace/Deuce card towards foundation as and when feasible. It automatically increases the chances of succeeding in the game.
- In case you are left with multiple options for moving your cards, you may want to pick the column with the largest count of cards unmasked.
- The perfect move is the move that offers the path for other steps. In case any move option that doesn’t tend to lead to another move then skips that move.
- You may not want to create one suit of Solitaire cards parallel to other cards present in the foundation. This can make it challenging to flip more Solitaire cards.