WordPad can better be explained as a word processor having different formatting options. This software comes with all Windows OS versions. If you are seeking help with WordPad in Windows 10, then this article will teach you how to open WordPad and how to use it. Also, you will learn to reset WordPad to its default settings in Windows 10.
You can open WordPad and open a new text document in different ways like:
Using Run to open WordPad
- Press – Win+R which will open run box
- Now type- WordPad
- Next press – enter
- This will open a blank & untitled WordPad automatically on your PC
Using Cortana search to open WordPad
- In the search box type- WordPad
- Hit- Enter
Using Start Menu to open WordPad
- Head to – Start Menu
- Next, click on – All Apps which can be found below the folder – Windows Accessories
Using Context Menu to open WordPad
- Right-click on anywhere in an empty area on the desktop/File Explorer
- Now, choose – select New and then rich text document
Way to customize your WordPad Document
- You can change the font settings by selecting a font for the text
- Now, click the – Home options
- Next, modify the font setting as per your choice. You can also insert an image if you wish to.
- Next, alter the layout of the WordPad document.
- Now, through File menu click on the dialogue box – Page Setup
- Next, choose a size from the option – Size
Resetting WordPad’s Default Settings
- Here it would help if you pressed- Win+R which opens Run and then type – regedit
- Now, press –enter
- Go to the below-given key in the Registry Editor
- Towards the right pane on Registry Editor, underneath WordPad, delete the key – Options
- Now exit and just open – WordPad once again and you will find it with its normal default settings.