If you are a Windows 10 user, then you may know about the features of File Explorer. It contributes to making a user-friendly interface.
It lets you browse through different folders and files easily. File Explorer comprises of some added features as compared to previous windows explorer.
There are different ways to start a file explorer in your Windows 10. The easiest way is to press – Windows logo key+E
Another method is – Go to search bar and type – File Explorer and it opens the File Explorer
- Quick Access:- It lists out the files accessed recently or frequently
- One Drive:- It is the same as Google Drive, which helps upload and access from any location.
- File Sharing:- It helps select and share files
- Picture Tools:- It offers an essential image function like set as background, rotates and slideshows, etc.
- File Menu:- The file menu lets you start a command prompt and Windows Powershell.
- Search:- File Explorer lets you look out for items for respective current folders and the subfolders.
- Custom Navigation:- It enables left pane scrolling as per your requirements with the help of ‘View’ tab
- This PC:- This is referred to as “My Computer” in old computers
- Flat UI:- It comes with a dull appearance
Getting help with File Explorer
- In case you want to display a Quick access item to your list, then you can use File Explorer. Right-click the particular folder and select the option “Pin to quick access.”
- To start File Explorer faster, choose the option – “Pin to Start” / “Pin to taskbar” option
- In case you want to remove the related item from the Quick Access menu, select the option = “Unpin from Quick Access” option.
- If you face the problem – File Explorer hangsthen right-click it and follow some steps to resolve it:
- Press – “Windows+ x”
- Select – “command prompt.”
- Type – “netsh” and press enter and then press” – Winsock reset. “ Next, you can restart your PC to fix the issue.