Windows 10 is a great operating system that helps offer applications on the desktop. Still, sometimes you may encounter an error code 0x80072efd while trying to use Windows Store. Well, there are some fixes you can perform to resolve the error. Here are some of them
Clear cache for Windows store
Firstly, clear the cache for the Windows store as this solution can help eradicate different issues related to Windows Store-related. Here is how you can remove your Windows Store cache
- Press – Windows Logo key + R to start – Run
- In run dialog type – WSReset.exe and hit Enter
Now restart your machine and after it boots up to see if the Windows store is working fine.
Assign a new name for the software distribution folder
You will find a folder labeled as Software distribution in the root folder of the PC’s HDD/SSD. There are high chances of fixing the error by just assigning (renaming) a different name to this folder. Follow the steps below to do so
- Press – Windows Logo key + X to expand the menu – WinX
- In your WinX Menu, find and click – command prompt (admin) to start the Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- Now type the below-given commands one by one into the command prompt and hit enter post every single command.
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Now, type the commands given below into the command prompt and hit enter-
- ren X:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Now, type the below commands one by one into the command prompt and hit enter post typing each command
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
- In the command prompt, type – exit and then press- enter to close it
- Next, restart your system
- Wait until the PC boots up
- Once the PC boots up, verify if the issue has been fixed.