The error message with error code 0x80071a90 – “The function attempted to use a name that is reserved for use by another transaction,” appears due to different reasons like
- System files issue
- Configuration files
Run SFC scan
The first fix you can try when you encounter the error code 0X80071A90 is to run an SFC scan. It will help find the errors and fix them with the help of SFC. To accomplish the task follow the given steps below
- Just right-click on – Windows icon and choose – command prompt (admin).
- It will open command prompt window
- Here it would be best if you typed – sfc /scannow, then press enter.
This code will start scanning the protected system files, and check for corrupted files & replace them with a cached copy placed at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache in the compressed folder.
Please wait for a while to let the process complete that until it reaches 100%. You will see a message that the corrupt files are fixed successfully.
This means the process is accomplished, and the error has been resolved.
Disable Antivirus installed on your PC
- If you encounter the error while attempting to connect -Hyper-V feature and using Avast antivirus program, it can be resolved quickly by disabling your Antivirus and then turn OFF any application installed on your machine.
- You can also disable the Antivirus by running it and then select the option – Disable.
Carry out a Clean Boot
- You can use a clean boot to fix the error by following the steps below
- Make sure you disable all the external/3rd party software
- Now, right-click on your taskbar. Now, click – task manager. Then click – more details and choose the startup tab.
- Now disable the applications enabled on your startup
- Just click on the program/app and click – disable
- Now, disable al the 3rd party services excluding Microsoft services. Here how to do this:
- Press – Windows key + R.
- Type – msconfig and hit enter.
- It will open the system configuration window. Choose the tab – services
- Mark the box to unmask all Microsoft services, and now disable the rest of the services.
Now restart the PC, and the error will be fixed.