The error – 0x80070490 occurs when Windows users
- Try to carry out a Windows update
- While they upgrade the Windows system.
- Try to buy or install an application via the Windows Store.
- Due to virus/spyware/adware attack or misconfigured system files
There are several fixes you can try to resolve the error and here are some of them
Try running – Windows update troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a useful troubleshooting utility that allows you to fix problems related to updates.
- Use your keyboard and press- Win logo key and then type – troubleshoot.
- Now click – Troubleshoot
- Click on -Windows update–run the troubleshooter.
- Perform the instructions given on the screen
- Now restart your system and check if the error has vanished
Run SFC scan utility
SFC (System File Checker) is a useful tool in Windows that scans your system for corrupted or missing files. It automatically repairs the corrupted system files (it includes data related to – error 0x80070490).
- Using your keyboard only press – Windows logo key and then type – cmd. Now, right-click – Command prompt and run as administrator.
- To confirm click – Yes
- Type – sfc /scannow in the command prompt window and hit enter
- It takes a while for the tool (SFC) to restore corrupted files with new files in case any corrupted files are found. You need to be a little patient and wait for the scanning process to get over
- Now restart your PC and verify if the error 0x80070490 is fixed.
Deployment Image & Servicing Management (DISM) is also a useful tool to resolve errors caused by corruption
- Use your keyboard and press – Windows logo key.
- Type –cmd and click – Command Prompt
- Next – Run as administrator.
- Wait for some time for the process to get over
- Now, type -sfc /scannow and hit enter
Now, restart your machine and try to carry out the update once again and check if it works fine.
Get Help with WordPad in Windows 10
Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
How to Enable Windows Hello in Windows 10
Change Landscape Orientation to Portrait in Windows 10
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070570
How to Fix Error Code 0x8007045d
How to Delete Temporary Files in Windows 10
How to Remember Passwords in Microsoft Edge – Manage Saved Passwords
How to Add an Input Language in Windows 10
Fix Connections to Bluetooth Audio Devices and Wireless Displays in Windows 10