The error – 0x80070490 occurs when Windows users
- Try to carry out a Windows update
- While they upgrade the Windows system.
- Try to buy or install an application via the Windows Store.
- Due to virus/spyware/adware attack or misconfigured system files
There are several fixes you can try to resolve the error and here are some of them
Try running – Windows update troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a useful troubleshooting utility that allows you to fix problems related to updates.
- Use your keyboard and press- Win logo key and then type – troubleshoot.
- Now click – Troubleshoot
- Click on -Windows update–run the troubleshooter.
- Perform the instructions given on the screen
- Now restart your system and check if the error has vanished
Run SFC scan utility
SFC (System File Checker) is a useful tool in Windows that scans your system for corrupted or missing files. It automatically repairs the corrupted system files (it includes data related to – error 0x80070490).
- Using your keyboard only press – Windows logo key and then type – cmd. Now, right-click – Command prompt and run as administrator.
- To confirm click – Yes
- Type – sfc /scannow in the command prompt window and hit enter
- It takes a while for the tool (SFC) to restore corrupted files with new files in case any corrupted files are found. You need to be a little patient and wait for the scanning process to get over
- Now restart your PC and verify if the error 0x80070490 is fixed.
Deployment Image & Servicing Management (DISM) is also a useful tool to resolve errors caused by corruption
- Use your keyboard and press – Windows logo key.
- Type –cmd and click – Command Prompt
- Next – Run as administrator.
- Wait for some time for the process to get over
- Now, type -sfc /scannow and hit enter
Now, restart your machine and try to carry out the update once again and check if it works fine.