- For all macOS users, Launchpad for released to let them operate the Application faster.
- You can use the Mac Launchpad without any hassles, move the app icon and collect them or erase any app which you do not need anymore.
- It shows an app installed on your Mac. It offers the facility to organize the Application to let you find the required apps easily.
- The Launchpad on Mac can also be turned OFF when needed for any reason it can be switched OFF completely.
- Launchpad manages the layout of app icons just like the display on the iPhone/iPad.
- Launchpad can also be accessed through the gesture, F button, or to start an application from the dock files or Application.
- Many users think this feature is helpful, whereas others feel it is not much of use while using Launchpad through gesture over the trackpad or by pressing F4 key/merely tapping the app on Dock option.
- Whatever the reason may be, if you wish to disable Launchpad on your Mac, then this article would help you do so. Follow the steps below and follow them carefully.
Steps – Disable Launchpad gesture on your Mac
- Expand – Apple section
- Now, move to – System Preferences
- Choose the option – Trackpad
- Next, press – More Gestures.
- Search for Launchpad option through the gestures list and then uncheck the box next to the Launchpad to halt pinch gesture on the Launchpad on your Mac.
- Now, press the option – System Preferences
This will let you stop the feature – Launchpad pinch. Here, you will have to erase this app via Dock.
Steps to delete the Launchpad from the Mac Dock
In case you wish to remove Launchpad from the Mac Dock, follow the steps below
- Press and hold over the Launchpad icon.
- Now, drag it through the stock
- Wait for a while to let the remove option appear
- Now, press – Launchpad
It will erase Launchpad from the Dock on your Mac. This will make you eager to modify/delete keyboard shortcut on Mac for its Launchpad.
Steps to erase/modify – Launchpad Keyboard Shortcut
In case you want to erase/change Launchpad Keyboard shortcut on your Mac, follow the instructions given below
- Expand – Apple section.
- Now, head to – System Preferences
- Move to – Keyboards.
- Now, click – Shortcuts.
- Simply tap – Launchpad & Dock.
- Next, uncheck the box to halt -Show Launchpad or press keyboard shortcut so that you can customize it differently
The process should end up setting a keyboard shortcut rather than creating a new one that you would change/disable the current keystroke combination.
Indeed, it will disable the Launchpad in case you like to turn OFF the feature and instead prefer to keep the function for which you can find various Launchpad tricks.
Make sure you follow the instructions given above to disable the Launchpad easily.