If you want to free up some space on the Windows operating system, then the best way to do it is to remove the temporary files.
If you want to know the easiest method to delete temporary files in Windows 10 then read on to know more. The temporary files can be removed using so that you don’t have to download any foreign software. Let us understand how to use the Settings app and delete temp files safely in Windows 10.
Remove temporary files in your Windows 10
- Click the icon for Settings app located towards the left of the Start menu else use Windows logo and then I as a keyboard shortcut
- From settings, the app goes to the page System–Storage.
- By default, the storage page will show the drive having Windows installed. Next, click on the option – temp files located underneath the Windows 10 drive name & letter.
- In case if you are not able to view the option for – Temporary files then click the link – Show more categories and from there click on Temporary files.
- Just underneath – Temporary files, Windows 10 will show the space occupied by the temporary files.
- Windows 10 counts the space utilized by Downloads folder, Recycle Bin, earlier Windows version, temporary files folder while assessing the brief file size
- When you click the option- Temporary files, it will show all provisional data stored on Windows 10 installation drive. From here you can select the
- Windows upgrade log files
- Delivery optimization Files
- Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus
- Temporary Internet Files
- DirectX Shader Cache
- Windows error reports & feedback diagnostics
- Make sure you avoid selecting the option – Downloads as it can delete all the files present in the Downloads folder.
- Click on the button – Remove to erase the temporary files selected
- In case you get a confirmation dialogue box, click – Yes/Ok to initiate deleting
The standard method of erasing temporary files
- Open – Run command box
- Now type – %temp%, press – enter to expand Temp folder consisting of temporary files.
- Select the files & folders and then hit – Delete key to remove all the temporary files.
How to Remember Passwords in Microsoft Edge – Manage Saved Passwords
How to Fix Error Code 0x80072efd
Get Help with File Explorer in Windows 10
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070643
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070490
How to Enable Windows Hello in Windows 10
How to Clear Clipboard in Windows 10
How to Fix Error Code 0xc000007b
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070570
How to Fix Error Code 0x80071a90