Cortana is an online assistant for Windows users. Cortana is online all the time and sometimes if she doesn’t answer your message “Hey Cortana” then chances are that she might have vanished entirely from the reminders/taskbar. If you are facing a similar problem where Cortana is not working at all in Windows 10, then you can try some solutions mentioned below to fix the issue
Enable Cortana & try to reconfigure your Microphone
Cortana works only if she is enabled. Also, she can hear you only if you have a microphone. In case you haven’t helped her, you may notice the Windows button isn’t functional. To check whether Cortana is very much enabled on your system, follow the steps below
- Type – Cortana on your search window.
- You will get the search results as – ‘Cortana and search settings’, click on it
- Check if the options mentioned below are enabled
- Allow Cortana answer to the message ‘hey Cortana’so that you can interact with Cortana.
- ‘respond when anyone says’ ‘hey Cortana’so that anyone can communicate with Cortana.
- If you want – ‘use Cortana when my device is locked’.
- Underneath – ‘microphone & make sure Cortana can hearme’ and then click on – get started.
- Follow the wizard so that you can establish the Microphone
- In case there are any issues, let Windows fix them
- Figure out the updates
- Microsoft comprises updates, especially to resolve the issues related to Cortana. When you install these updated, it will automatically fix the problems smoothly. You can use Windows Update to update the system
- Type in the following- ‘check for updates’ on search bar via the taskbar
- In results click on – ‘check for updates’
- After clicking on – ‘check for updates’, wait for some time until the process completes
- Now, restart the system even if the system doesn’t prompt you to do so.