This article will elaborate on the methods that help resolve the error code 43 error messages displayed on the Windows Device Manager.
You may get the error in Device Manager because Windows has stopped this device. After all, it has reported problems (code 43).
It means to say the Windows has stopped the device & your device can be any like
USB device such as a printer, an external hard drive
- Media player
- NVIDIA graphics card
Try to restart your PC
- Sometimes the issues are fixed upon restarting your system as device drivers can load upon starting the next and start working just like they used to before.
- It is recommended that you try it but just once. If you observe that code 43 arises again in the following session, it is not only a simple problem but also a hardware issue that requires more attention.
Detach additional USB devices
- If your computer is connected to other USB devices, try to detach them, restart your computer, and see if the issue has been fixed. It may indicate the device incompatibility or power problem.
Unplug the device &plug it back
- If at all you are using an external device, for instance, a webcam, a printer, webcam, Bluetooth dongle, etc., you can try unplugging them from your computer and then try to plug it again.
- Also, you can try to plug it in another USB port if you have one.
- Some USB devices require more power than they receive. So, trying to plug them into a different port can also help fix the issue.
In case the above methods fail to resolve the issue, then you can update the device driver. It is about checking whether there is any latest version of the driver that exists.
- Right-click – Device Manager
- Next, select – Update Driver Software
- Now, Windows will check for the updated drivers for a particular device and once found it will download and install them automatically.
- In case there is no driver found, you can check the manufacturer’s website to see if there is any latest driver.