If you want to copy certain content on Windows 10 computer, the content you copy is available on your Clipboard. It can be viewed by everyone who gets access to your system. Thus, make sure you clear the Clipboard on your Windows 10 PC. If you want to know how to remove the Clipboard, here are different methods that can help you.
When you press they key – Print Screen key from your keyboard it clears the Clipboard on Windows 10 PC. It will replace the confidential data stored on your Clipboard leaving a screenshot of the desktop.
Copy some other Content
As clipboard stores one-time information only, you can copy some other content that is not confidential.
For instance, if you are working on a Word document having confidential information, you can eradicate the chances of any sensitive data staying on Clipboard. Yes, it can be just done by copying a word/data which isn’t useful or confidential at all. This method of replacing the confidential information copied to the Clipboard with some irrelevant information will not let anyone misuse your sensitive data.
Restart the PC
- You may find it a little weird and disturbing, but it is an effective way of vacating the Clipboard on your Windows 10 PC.
- As the information copied to Clipboard is saved on your PC’s RAM, when you restart the computer, it will eradicate the temporary data stored on your PC.
It is yet another simplest option worth trying. You can just run – echo off | clip through the command line to be able to clear the Clipboard.
- Tap – Windows-key, and then type – cmd.exe, and just press Enter.
- Type – “echo off |clip” and press the key – Enter
- Now your Clipboard is vacant.