If you are a Windows 10 user, you may not know this feature of rotating the screen. If you want to change your filter from saying landscape to portrait mode or vice versa, you don’t need to learn a code to do so. There are simple ways to change the screen between different modes like portrait, landscape or flipped mode through Settings app, some keyboard shortcuts or graphics control panel software
Changing the orientation using Settings
- Open – Settings
- Click -System.
- Click – Display
- Below the section – “Rearrange your displays”, select the specific screen you wish to change
- Below the article- “Scale and layout”, use the drop-down menu for – Display orientation to choose of the following direction:
- Landscape (flipped)
- Portrait (flipped)
- Now, rotate your monitor as required to the selected orientation
- Click the button – Keep changes
- After you perform all the steps, you can see the display is changed to the direction you selected.
- In case the option for rotation is disabled, or the keyboard shortcuts do not work, then it’s the time to update your video drivers.
Changing the orientation using the keyboard shortcuts
If your laptop, desktop or tablet supports, the keyboard shortcuts can also be used to improve the screen in Windows 10
Note: The option might not work with individual graphic cards. In case it doesn’t work for you, then use the Settings App option.
- Ctrl + Alt + Up arrow – Helps change to landscape mode.
- Ctrl + Alt + Down arrow – Helps change to screen upside down.
- Ctrl + Alt + Right arrow – Helps change 90 degrees(right) screen
- Ctrl + Alt + Left arrow – Help change to 90 degrees (left) screen
- To go back to standard orientation, press the keyboard shortcut – Ctrl + Alt + Up arrow
How to rotate the screen using the graphics control panel
If you are using graphics cards from different brands like AMD, NVIDIA or Intel, they all offer control panel software to manage different elements of video settings with an option to change the screen.
Here are the steps to change the screen using
- Open – Control Panel.
- Click – Hardware and Sound.
- Click – NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Below the section – “Display” section, click – Rotate display.
- Select display
- Select the preferred orientation
- Click the button – Apply
- Rotate your monitor as required to the particular direction chosen.