It is easy to add an input language to your Windows 10. This allows you to set a language, install a language pack to Settings so that you can change the language you use for Windows 10, apps, or websites.
The process of including an input language helps you set a preferred language for websites/apps and also lets you change the keyboard language.
It can be helpful when you decide to learn a foreign language. Also, it is useful for pasting some special characters. You may find typing those special characters difficult, but now it is accessible through adding an input language to Windows 10.
The steps given below can let you add new input languages to Windows 10.
- Go to – Windows Settings which can be done by clicking to the left side of your Start menu on the gear icon
- Next, click – “Time & Language” and then towards left sidebar click – “Region & language.”
- Below – “Languages,” click on – “Add a language.”
- Now search for the language you prefer to add. Click on that language, and the system may ask you to choose a regional dialect. Then the system will divert you to this page – “Region & language.”
- After you have carried out all the steps given above, you will see a new icon displayed beside date & time right at the screen bottom
- Ideally, it will be displayed as – “ENG” for the English language, which is the existing language on the keyboard.
- You have to click that icon to expand a window that lists the recently added languages. From the list, you can choose a language you want to set/change for the keyboard settings.
- You can also hold down the key – Windows ⊞ and press – Space to change the languages faster.