You encounter an error 404 not found error while trying to visit a website that doesn’t exist. In some cases, the issue lies within site itself, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the error.
Most of the time, when this error exists, you can try to solve it as it can occur due to mistyped website address or if there are issues with the browser cache. Let us look at some easy fixes to fix the error 404 not found
Refresh web page
- Sometimes some web servers fail to display the page that exists. In such cases, you can try to refresh that web page.
- In most browsers, you can use the key F5 to refresh or just hit the refresh button present on the address bar.
- It may or may not resolve the error, but it is worth a try.
Carry out a search
- In case the website link you are trying to access is lengthy, and you are just familiar with the page or only the content of the page you want to brose, then you can use the keywords to search for the website.
- Relevant keywords can also help you find the right URL in case if you are mistyping the URL or if it is quite lengthy.
Check the website address twice
In case you are trying to type the URL in the address bar, then there are chances of typing it wrong. In such cases, you may search for the wrongly typed address and get the result as error 404 not found. So, cross-check the website address and verify if you face any errors.
Clear Browser Cache
Sometimes the error 404 not found on a page is seen as the mistake is cached. The original link was modified on the website.
You can check that possibility as well by clearing the browser cache. It will not have any impact on your browsing activity apart from just a delay of a few seconds in loading because they downloaded the old cached data again.