If you are Windows 10 user, you may have faced this error code 0xc0000005. The error code appears due to several reasons like
- Malware infection
- Incorrect hardware configuration
- Corrupted registry files
- Low/damaged RAM etc
Windows 10 can resolve this error code on their own by following the simple methods given in this article
Repair your registry
The existence of corrupt files/keys in the registry can result in various system issues as well as error code 0xc0000005.
If you have taken a registry backup, it is recommended that you restore it to resolve this error.
Make sure you follow the steps given below
- Using your keyboard, press – Windows Key+R. It will expand the run dialog box.
- Now type – regedit and then press – Enter
- Go to the following path – HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
- Now, move to the right pane and then double click – LoadAppInit_DLLs.
- Modify the value data from 1 to zero
- Now click – OK to save the changes
- Come out of the Registry Editor and restart your PC
Windows offers a built-in feature that safeguards your system from various harmful threats caused due to security threats or virus attacks.
DEP (Data Execution Prevention) utility is helpful in different cases. Some programs do not support DEP, and thus, you get this error code 0000005. So, it can be disabled using the steps given below
- Start – Windows with administrative rights.
- Next, use your keyboard to press- Windows Key+R
- Now, type – sysdm.cpl and then press- enter
- Head to the tab – Advanced and click on – Settings.
- Next, move to the tab – Data Execution Protection
- Now, click on the option – ‘Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.’
- Next, click – Add and search for the executable files resulting in the error. Add to include them in the list
- Click on – OK.
Now, restart your machine and see if the error still exists.