The error code – 0x8007045d can occur in any Windows version, particularly when the device faces problems in finding or reading files correctly.
Ideally, it occurs during a Windows update or an app, but it has been reported when a faulty system backup or file transfer occurs.
Here are some handy solutions you can try to fix this error
- This is a simple solution that fixes most errors you encounter with your PC, and in case of any computer issues, you can restart windows as the first solution.
Reconnect the drive
- If you are facing error code 0x8007045d, while attempting to access files located on an external drive like DVD or USB stick, try to detach it from your PC, plus it, and later try to reconnect it again.
Update your Windows
- It is always better to carry out a Windows update as it installs the newest features as well as security patches. Also, it scans the computer to check for damaged files or errors and fixes them automatically
Repair CDs & DVDs
- If your DVD/CD has scratches or cracks on it, there are no chances of making it readable. You can try to repair those using different methods available.
Clean CDs & DVDs
- Sometimes the reason behind the error message 0x8007045d is Grimy fingerprints. In case the disks you are using are dirty, then your PC can find it difficult to read the data properly. Make sure you clean the CDs and DVDs properly and check again.
Transfer the files to your computer
- In case you are in the process of installing an update or an application through an external drive/disk and getting the error 0x8007045d always, then try to copy the required files to your PC and run the update/ installation from there.
Use a different USB port
- Try to use a different USB port. Sometimes the port you are using may be a damaged one. So, try to use a different USB port on your Windows PC.